Today’s recipe: Whipped Ricotta with Raisins and Pine Nuts
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- kosher salt
- 3 tbsp golden raisins
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- chopped fresh parsley, for topping
- toasted baguette slices, for serving
- Whisk 3 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons vinegar, ½ teaspoon honey and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and add the raisins. Cook until reduced by half, 6 to 8 minutes. Let the raisins cool in the liquid, then drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1 teaspoon each vinegar and honey with the olive oil, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine the ricotta, capers, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a food processor; pulse a few times. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Top with the raisins, pine nuts, and parsley. Serve with baguette slices.
Visit the Country Store and find items to add to your kitchen collection.