When it’s time to eat, I always turn to my favorite foods. Avocados are one of my favorite fruits, with so many different ways to enjoy it.
Avocados are packed with nutritional value and superb taste. A single avocado contains –
- Vitamin K: 26%
- Folate: 20%
- Vitamin C: 17%
- Potassium: 14%
- Vitamin B5: 14%
- Vitamin B6: 13%
- Vitamin E: 10%
Avocados are high in Potassium. Several studies show that having a high potassium intake is linked to reduced blood pressure, which is a major risk factor for heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure.
Avocados do not contain any cholesterol or sodium and are low in saturated fat.
A 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving of avocado packs 7 grams of fiber, which is 27% of the RDA.
Share how you like to eat your avocado!
- With sea salt and Sriracha
- In soups
- With sea salt and vinegar
- Alongside a sunny side up egg
- With salt and pepper and lime juice wrapped in a corn tortilla
- With olive oil and raw onion
- On top of rice with soy sauce
- On a baked potato
- Topped with crumbled bacon and cilantro