Today’s Recipe: Spicy Ginger Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 cup chili sauce
- ⅓ cup hot mango chutney
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 limes
- 1 cup chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems only
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails intact)
- Make the cocktail sauce: Combine the chili sauce, chutney, cilantro, ginger, and lime juice in a small bowl. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the shrimp: Remove the lime zest with a vegetable peeler and transfer to a pot, then squeeze the lime juice into the pot and add the squeezed limes. Add the ginger, cilantro stems, coriander, fennel, cumin, peppercorns, and 2 quarts cold water. Cover and bring to a simmer; cook over low heat, 15 minutes. Add the shrimp, cover, and remove from the heat. Let sit until just cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and transfer to a bowl of ice water; let sit until cold. Drain and pat dry. Serve with the cocktail sauce.
Visit the Country Store and find items to add to your home.