Today’s Recipe: Roasted Garlic Potato-Turnip Mash
Roasted Garlic, Potato-Turnip Mash
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pound turnips, peeled and cut into chuncks
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Rub off the excess papery skin from garlic without separating the cloves. Slice the tip off the head, exposing the ends of the cloves. Place the garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with oil, and wrap into a package. Roast until the garlic is golden brown and soft, about 45 minutes. When cool enough to handle, squeeze the cloves and any oil left in the foil into a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine potatoes and turnips in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Return the potatoes and turnips to the pan and place over medium-low heat. Add the roasted garlic and mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in milk, Parmesan, thyme, chives, butter, salt, and pepper.
Tip: Cut potatoes and turnips into equal-size pieces to ensure even cooking.
Visit the Country Store and find items to add to your home.