It doesn't matter what time of year it is, cooking on the grill is delicious. I've been known to cook meals in the winter, during rainy weather and also in the heat of the summer. Grilling gives foods a different, earthy taste. The thing about grilling is that you can use charcoal or wood chips. One of my favorites is Applewood chips.
Just like in a slow cooker, you can make anything on a grill. For breakfast, you can make eggs, sausage, and bacon and also a pot of coffee! Also, bread and dessert can be grilled. One of my kid's favorite desserts is grilled donuts. Just take day-old glazed donuts and toss them over the flame for thirty seconds to a minute per side. The soft, sugary mixture on the donut is warm and the kids love the grill marks left on their special treat.
When it comes to the type of grill you should use, that just becomes a choice of preference. Some people swear by charcoal, where others will only cook on an electric. Another great choice would be a smoker because a smoker not only allows a slow smoke but can also be used as a grill.
One of my favorite foods cooked is fruits and vegetables. My family loves to slice up pears, watermelon, and lettuce and toss them on the flame. If you toss a little salt over the foods before pulling them off and putting on a plate, it gives an extra punch to the smoky, sweet flavor.
Whatever meal you decide to prepare outdoors, make it rememberable. Feel free to browse the recipes below and don't forget to share your experience in the comments below!
- Brown Sugar Grilled Salmon with Zucchini and Fennel Noodles
- Chimichurri Shrimp
- Flounder Grilled on Banana Leaves
- Grilled Curried Scallop and Summer Squash Kebabs
- Hot-Smoked Trout on Sesame Bagels
- Prawns Al Mojo De Ajo
- Salmon Burgers with Harissa Mayonnaise
- Shrimp Skewers and Mango Salsa
- Grilled Broccoli Wedges with Herb Vinaigrette
- Grilled Okra with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Grilled Summer Squash with Blue Cheese and Pecans
- Grilled Wedge Salad Slaw
- Mexican Grilled Corn
- Miso-Glazed Eggplant Steaks
- Ricotta-Stuffed Grilled Portobellos with Arugula Salad
- Smoky Beer Poached Grilled Corn
- Beer-Marinated Grilled Skirt Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Brie
- Grilled Hanger Steak with Zucchini Salsa
- Harissa Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Herb-Grilled Chicken Frites
- Leg of Lamb Souvlaki
- Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Coleslaw
- Rib-Eye Marinated in Garlic, Chiles, and Oregano
- Rib-Eye Steak with Caponata