Today’s Recipe: Lemon-Dill Shrimp and Orzo Salad
Lemon-Dill Shrimp & Orzo Salad
Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 ounces whole-wheat orzo
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp (21-25 per lb), cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups sugar snap peas, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp minced shallot
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add orzo and cook for 7 minutes. Add shrimp and peas and cook until the peas are tender and the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon zest, and juice, dill, shallot, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the orzo, shrimp, and peas to the bowl and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature and garnished with more dill, if desired.
To make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Visit the Country Store and find items to add to your home.