Greek Green Beans & Salmon Quinoa Bowl
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 8 ounces string beans (green, yellow, or a mix), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ¾ cups water
- ¾ cup quinoa (red, white, or tricolored), rinsed
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped, plus more for garnish, or ½ tsp dried
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved or sliced
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place salmon on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with ⅛ tsp. salt and pepper. Bake until the salmon is no longer opaque in the center and flakes easily with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then flake the salmon into bite-size pieces (discard the skin).
- Meanwhile, bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add beans; cover and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Rinse the beans under cold water, drain well, and set aside. Combine water, quinoa, and ⅛ tsp. salt in the saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, and the remaining ¼ tsp. salt in a small bowl.
- To serve, divide the quinoa among 4 dinner bowls. Arrange the salmon, beans, tomato, feta, and olives over the quinoa. Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with more fresh oregano, if desired.
Visit the Country Store and find items to add to your kitchen collection.