Today’s Recipe: Cocktail Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- ½ onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- sliced scallions, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the beef, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, 2 teaspoons mustard, the Worcestershire sauce, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl; mix with your hands until combined. Form into 1 ½-inch meatball (about 24) and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix the ketchup, brown sugar, and remaining 1 teaspoon mustard in a small bowl and brush on the meatballs. Bake until lightly browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter and top with scallions.
Visit the Country Store and find new items to add to your kitchen collection.