Today’s Recipe: Chickpea Salad Toasts
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 ½ inch thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 small carrot, shredded (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- ½ tsp kosher salt, plus extra to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 2 cups packed arugula (2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Brush bread with olive oil, then toast until golden brown and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash chickpeas with a potato masher, leaving a few whole if desired. Stir in carrot, onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, mustard, and dill. Season with ½ tsp. each salt and pepper. (Chickpea salad can be refrigerated, covered, up to 2 days.)
- When ready to serve, sprinkle avocado with lemon juice, then top each toast with apple, ¼ cup chickpea salad, avocado, and arugula. Season with salt to taste, and serve.
Visit the Country Store and find items to add to your kitchen collection.