Today’s Recipe: Chicken with Coconut-Curry Pan Sauce
Chicken with Coconut-Curry Pan Sauce
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 (14 oz) can light coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook, flipping once, until browned and cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove pan from heat. Whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, coconut milk, brown sugar, curry paste, and lime juice in the pan. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve the chicken with quinoa and the sauce, garnished with cilantro, if desired.
Tip: Red Thai curry paste's aromatic blend of lemongrass, ginger, and chile peppers is in the middle of the road heat-wise--try green curry paste for more heat or yellow for less.
Visit the Country Store and find items to add to your home.