Shrimp BLT’s are a delicate change from the original BLT we have all grown to love.
Find more appetizer recipes here.
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 French bread, cut crosswise into thirty ¼ inch slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ pound bacon or pancetta
- ¾ pound shrimp, cook and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 2 tbsp basil, fresh chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Old Bay seasoning (optional)
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 4 small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the baguette slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, or until just crisp. Let cool.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta slices or bacon in an even layer and cook over moderate heat until crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each of the baguette slices. Top with an arugula leaf, a slice of tomato and a scant tablespoon of the shrimp salad. Sprinkle with the crumbled pancetta and serve.