Even the staple produce can deliver a huge impact!
Everyone enjoys, or should enjoy, fresh produce!
The texture, smell, taste, and all around freshness offers your body not only substance, but also plenty of nutrients.
Here’s one of the top four I keep on hand. The kids also enjoy snacking on these after playtime or a long day at school.
- This stalk vegetable is a potential cancer fighter.
- It’s a top source of a flavonoid called apigenin.
- Lowers Inflammation. Celery is an effective home remedy for a wide range of inflammatory conditions, including liver and kidney infections, bout, joint pain, irritable bowel syndrome, skin disorders and urinary tract infections.
- Reduced High Cholesterol. Regular consumption of celery is effective in reducing high cholesterol. You can add celery to your diet to help protect and improve heart health.
- Treats High Blood Pressure. Celery is loaded with potassium and calcium. And the muscle relaxant effect of celery can help to control blood pressure.
- Prevents Liver Disease. Celery is an ideal liver cleansing food. Regular consumption of celery can help protect kidney health and prevent liver diseases. Celery is high in vitamin C, B, and A and iron. Containing diuretic properties, celery can remove toxins, wastes, and contaminants from your body.
- Aids In Weight Loss. Celery is included in a list of foods for weight loss because it’s low in calories.
- Fights Infections. The use of celery extract fights bacterial infections, improves the immune system and inhibits bacterial growth.
- Cures Bloating and Improves Digestion. Eating celery can treat water retention, relieve bloating and boost digestion. Celery is effective in reducing blood pressure because it contains anti-hypertension properties.
- Reduces the Risk of UTI’s. Like cranberries, celery is an effective home remedy for bladder disorders, urinary tract infections, kidney problems and cysts on the reproductive organs.
- Keeps Cancer at Bay. Celery is one of the cancer-protective vegetables that also include fennel, carrots, parsnips, and parsley. Celery contains polyacetylenes that are chemoprotective compounds. Polyacetylenes can remove toxins and help prevent formation, especially intestinal cancer, breast cancer and leukemia.
- Prevents Ulcers. Regular consumption of celery can help prevent and treat painful ulcers. A special type of ethanol extract in celery is effective in preventing the formation of ulcers in the lining of the digestive tract.
My favorite way to eat celery, is the old fashion way . . Filled with Peanut Butter!