Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 pounds pitted apricots (about 10), halved (or about 8 pitted peaches, cut into eighths)
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 12 ounces raspberries (3 cups)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup (½ stick) cold butter, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp buttermilk, divided
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375° F with a rack in the center of the oven and another in the lower third. In a medium bowl, toss apricots with ½ cup sugar, cornstarch and a pinch of salt. Fold in raspberries. Set mixture aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Rub the butter into flour mixture with your fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. Stir ¾ cup buttermilk into flour mixture just until combined.
- Spread apricot mixture in an 8" square (or 11" × 7") baking dish. Using ¼ cup dough for each, shape dough into 9 biscuits, spacing evenly over fruit. Flatten biscuits slightly, brush with 2 tbsp. buttermilk and sprinkle with 2 tbsp. sugar.
- Place dish on the center rack. Bake for 50 minutes, or until biscuits are golden and juices are bubbling. Cool cobbler on a wire rack at least 15 minutes, and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.